Monday, December 29, 2008

Would Your Children (or Grandchildren) Like This?

Thought you might like to see a gift I made for each of our two families
(that of my son and that of my daughter).

Take some Wildly Striped fabric...

and some brightly polka-dotted fabric.
Cut a few pieces and iron them.
Sew a seam or two...

Pockets on the back (for the puppets)...

And you have a puppet theater
that will fit in nearly any doorway!

Next, take a variety of fleece (remnants if you have them).
Find a few patterns, ideas, and poems and fingerplays
and put them in a book...

And now there's something to have fun with!
The following collection will be presented to my daughter's family
this weekend, as we again celebrate Christmas.

Our son's family received Jan Brett's book "Town Mouse, Country Mouse"
with laminated faces from her website.
Our daughter's family will receive Jan Brett's "The Mitten" with
laminated faces from her website.
Paint stirring sticks are taped on the backside.
(I used these in my second grade classroom many times!)
My next assignment is to make puppets for the book "Marsupial Sue!" ;-)

4 comments:

The Tennessee Kid said...

Shady, What fun! I love the theater in the doorway idea...I am going to send this post to my niece for her three cutie pie kids! gail

Anonymous said...

How cute... and clever! Makes me want to be a kid again.

Kylee Baumle said...

Oh my goodness, how wonderful is this?! I sure hope this will become a family heirloom. I just LOVE it!

Shady Gardener said...

Gail, Let me know if your niece decides to do this! It's been a lot of fun, and it's something I can continue to add to over the years... esp. since our oldest grandchildren are now 5 years old. :-)

Deb, I couldn't resist the idea. There was a similar idea for a doorway puppet theater in a children's catalog (and I thought I should be able to make it myself!!).

Kyle, I'm so glad you like it. It's been a lot of fun! (Do you know anyone that you could make one for??) ;-)

I'm thinking it would be fun to make one just to have at our house, too. (For company?)

About Me

My photo
I enjoy being outdoors! I also love that I've two children (now grown up with families of their own)and six young grandchildren! :-) Sure would like to see them more often!!